[Xmonad] Freeze for 0.4

Xiao-Yong Jin xj2106 at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 19 20:39:08 EDT 2007

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> writes:

> xj2106:
>> What about the problem related to the position of a float
>> window in full screen?  Something to test would be
>>
>>     + mplayer -fs
>>     + xpdf -fullscreen
>>     + acroread (and C-l into full screen mode)
>>     + ...
>>
>> I feel odd, because whether I use the `adjust' or not, they appear in the same
>> position.  But I believe `adjust' should put them in the centre.
>>

>  Is there a bug ticket for this?

I'm not sure if it indeed is a bug, or is just a failure of
understanding xmonad.  Could someone verify this?

I think that the use of `adjust' in line 63 of file
Operations.hs should put any floating window in the center
of a screen if it is larger than the size of the screen.
But it's not doing that right now.

There is also a strange behaviour of executing

    mplayer -fs

it actually results in three different positioning of the
mplayer window.

    1. Perfect.  No boarders appear.

    2. Off 1 pixel.  Top and left window boarders appear.

    3. Disappeared.  You just can't see the window.  I don't
       know how to debug it, yet.

Not sure if it's just a mplayer bug or xmonad's.

Xiao-Yong
--