[Xmonad] Include Contrib in release tarball

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Oct 12 17:02:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 12.10.2007, 10:07 -0500 schrieb Spencer Janssen:
> On Friday 12 October 2007 05:29:14 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > for creating the debian packages, it would be very nice if the
> > xmonad-0.4 tarball that will be released on hackage will contain the
> > XMonadContrib direcotry, so that Debian users get the extensions right
> > along the xmonad source, with the corresponding versions.
> >
> > (Sorry if this is the plan anyways, in this case, see this as an
> > reminder.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joachim
>
> We will make XMonadContrib available as a separate tarball, is this a problem
> for the Debian packages?

not a real problem, but a real nuisance: In Debian, wherever possible,
we take the unchanged upstream tarball and store our modifications
(usually only the debian/ dir) in a diff.gz file.

For XMonadContrib it would make no sense to package it seperately, as it
does not hurt to have it around, and is not useful on it’s own. But if
it is not already included in the original tarball, I’d have to re-pack
the tarballs and can’t use the pristine tarball.

If you don’t like having XMonadContrib inside the xmonad tarball, that’s
ok, though, of course.

Greetings,
Joachim

--