[Xmonad] darcs patch: Add Font layer supporting an Xft backend.
clemens at endorphin.org
Fri Oct 12 07:01:22 EDT 2007
This darcs patch adds Xft support to XMonad. It consists of two parts:
* a thin layer capturing FontStruct and XftFont in an Either type and
providing a small set of functions to operate on this new XMonadFont
type (implemented in XUtil.hs)
* Change Tabbed.hs to be a user of this interface.
You need to add the "X11-xft" package to your build-depends in
xmonad.cabal (available as darcs repository from
This is the initial support (but ready for every day use
imho). textXMFExtents is not yet perfect, as it doesn't return a
useful descent metric (resulting in slightly unaligned tab
titles). I'm surely going to be annoyed by this in the next week and
will post a follow up patch. But the more importent issues to be discussed are:
* Is the Xft feature desired?
* If yes, should we kick FontStruct in favour of XftFont? Xft is able
to handle Core Fonts as well. And I hope the i18n will go away with
Thu Oct 11 13:09:09 CEST 2007 Clemens Fruhwirth <clemens at endorphin.org>
* Add Font layer supporting an Xft backend. Make Tabbed.hs a user of this layer.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 68455 bytes
Desc: A darcs patch for your repository!
Url : http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/attachments/20071012/391209a1/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the Xmonad