[Xmonad] Issue 54 in xmonad: Composable manageHooks interface

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Oct 6 13:56:52 EDT 2007

Issue 54: Composable manageHooks interface

Comment #1 by SpencerJanssen:
I've also considered using Maybe here.  I also think we want to pass
the window name
and class to hooks -- it's used by practically every hook, and will
make user hooks

I think the list approach makes writing user rules more difficult:

floatMyApp w _ "MyApp" _ = return (W.float ...)
floatMyApp w _ _       _ = return id -- every single hook must add this
default case

I've changed the summary to "Composable manageHooks interface" because
that is the
real issue.

(re: feature request, replace the "Type-Defect" label with "Type-Enhancement")

Issue attribute updates: