[Xmonad] workspace/xinerama confusion

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 2 23:46:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:27:39PM -0700, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:22:00PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > Specifically, when I create a series of windows, xmonad treats the two
> > screens as one very wide screen. So, for example, the first xterm is
> > What am I missing here?
>
> Probably, your system doesn't have the Xinerama development files
> installed, so X11-extras built without support.  Install them, and do a
> clean rebuild of X11-extras and xmonad (in that order); you should see a
> configure message from X11-extras stating that Xinerama headers were
> found, if not, ask again...

ah ha! like this then:

checking whether to build Xinerama... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes

if it doesn't work, I'll write back. and thanks for a quick and
accurate response.

FTR, on debian its libxinerama-dev