[Xmonad] workspace/xinerama confusion

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Tue Oct 2 23:27:39 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:22:00PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Specifically, when I create a series of windows, xmonad treats the two
> screens as one very wide screen. So, for example, the first xterm is
> What am I missing here?

Probably, your system doesn't have the Xinerama development files
installed, so X11-extras built without support.  Install them, and do a
clean rebuild of X11-extras and xmonad (in that order); you should see a
configure message from X11-extras stating that Xinerama headers were
found, if not, ask again...

sjanssen: This is a frequently asked question, can we have it added to
the FAQ?

Stefan