[xmonad] Dead contribs: a little reminder

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Nov 22 14:21:38 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:40:54AM -0500, Devin Mullins wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> Just a reminder that HintedTile, Magnifier, Mosaic, and Anneal have been
> disabled, because they've bitrotted. (Well, Anneal just because its
> only user is Mosaic.) I'm pretty sure they should just be deleted by 0.5,
> so if you want to fight for their preseveration, patch away. (Or if you
> think they should be left in in non-compiling form, well, argue that,
> you loser.)

So I ported them all. I also enabled Magnifier again after fixing what
was to be fixed.

Spencer, do you think we need some uniformity in the export policy of
layouts? When porting xmc to the class system with David we decided
not to export type constructors when possible. Still I don't know if
we must be strict or allow exceptions. Or not to enforce any policy at
all, which I think could be fine in a library of contributed code.

But I wonder if the mix may be confusing for the user, when editing
the layout hook.

Andrea