[xmonad] idea: split XConfig definition into its own file

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Nov 17 12:07:26 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 11:40:55AM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How do people feel about splitting the definition of XConfig out of
> Core.hsand into its own file,
> XConfig.hs?  (It could then be re-exported from Core.hs, of course, so no
> changes would be required to anything else.) The point of this would be so
> people who are trying to write their xmonad.hs and want to see what fields
> are available don't have to wade through all of Core.hs to find it.  Such an
> XConfig.hs would also be a good place to provide some nice, detailed Haddock
> documentation explaining what each of the different fields are, and how to
> use them.  I'd be happy to make the changes myself, just thought I'd run it
> by the list first to see what people think.

I don't think that the present location of XConfig is a barrier to a
good haddock documentation. Do I miss something?

(btw, I documented each record field of XConfig in a patch that has
been committed yesterday, and I've just discovered that the darcs
version of haddock[1] properly deals with newtype deriving, which
means that everyone may be generating the haddock documentation.)

Did you see the work I'm doing with documenting all this stuff[2]?

Andrea

[1] http://code.haskell.org/haddock/
[2] http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/Documentation.html