[xmonad] darcs patch: Add README.hs for documentation purposes

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Nov 16 03:20:02 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 01:51:46PM -0800, David Roundy wrote:
> Looks nice to me.  I assume the idea is that we can expand this, so that
> for instance it could reference other files in contrib that are nicely
> documented, so that we could have a hierarchy of introductions to various
> increasingly complex ways you could configure your code?

This is in fact what I have in mind. Basically the availability of
haddock commands and the possibility to link our code could be used
for:

1. a general introduction to xmonad configuration (this is there, from
   CONFIG)

2. a description of name spaces and their content (Action, Config,
   Hooks, Layout, Prompt and Util)

3. more detailed examples?

4. what else?

Later on I'll be pushing an amended patch, with a scratch of the above
proposal so we can start talking of something we can put our hand on.

I'll be also writing directions for helping with the documentation
effort. If other people would like to join, even without a deep
knowledge of Haskell (I started with documentation patches too), this
is the right time to get darcs working for sending patches, and not
just for pulling...;)

Thanks,
Andrea