[xmonad] darcs patch: XMonad.Config.CustomKeys - new module

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Nov 14 10:38:33 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 05:25:43PM +0200, Valery V. Vorotyntsev wrote:

> > > Config.CustomXXX seems more intuitive... I would look in Config/
> > > directory for such kind of functionality.
> >
> > I didn't see this before. Still I think that in XMonad.Config, as
> > David pointed out, we should collect (usable) configuration files for,
> > mostly, documentation.
> <thoughts aloud>
> If the only purpose of these files is documentation, why not put them into
> `doc' directory then?.. But it will be no good, if some module scare away
> all other citizens from a directory and live there alone...
> </thoughts aloud>

I wouldn't say it's the *only* purpose, it's also there so users who have
similar preferences can use our configs as a starting point for their own.
I bet Dons' in particular probably has (or will have) a fair number of

I certainly hope this will be the effect, anyhow.  Hopefully it'll reduce
the amount of customization (and the difficulty of customization) by
ordinary users.
David Roundy
Department of Physics
Oregon State University