[xmonad] darcs patch: XMonad.Config.CustomKeys - new module

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Nov 14 10:38:33 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 05:25:43PM +0200, Valery V. Vorotyntsev wrote:

> > > Config.CustomXXX seems more intuitive... I would look in Config/
> > > directory for such kind of functionality.
> >
> > I didn't see this before. Still I think that in XMonad.Config, as
> > David pointed out, we should collect (usable) configuration files for,
> > mostly, documentation.
>
> <thoughts aloud>
> If the only purpose of these files is documentation, why not put them into
> `doc' directory then?.. But it will be no good, if some module scare away
> all other citizens from a directory and live there alone...
> </thoughts aloud>

I wouldn't say it's the *only* purpose, it's also there so users who have
similar preferences can use our configs as a starting point for their own.
I bet Dons' in particular probably has (or will have) a fair number of
users.

I certainly hope this will be the effect, anyhow.  Hopefully it'll reduce
the amount of customization (and the difficulty of customization) by
ordinary users.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics