[xmonad] darcs patch: XMonad.Config.CustomKeys - new module

Valery V. Vorotyntsev valery.vv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:25:43 EST 2007

On 11/14/07, Andrea Rossato <mailing_list at istitutocolli.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 11:09:07PM +0200, Valery V. Vorotyntsev wrote:
> > > I'm also interested in the one true namespace -- his is in XMonad.Config
> > > and mine is in XMonad.Util.
> >
> > Config.CustomXXX seems more intuitive... I would look in Config/
> > directory for such kind of functionality.
>
> I didn't see this before. Still I think that in XMonad.Config, as
> David pointed out, we should collect (usable) configuration files for,
> mostly, documentation.

<thoughts aloud>
If the only purpose of these files is documentation, why not put them into
`doc' directory then?.. But it will be no good, if some module scare away
all other citizens from a directory and live there alone...
</thoughts aloud>

> So I think that utilities for adding and removing keybindigs should go
> in XMonad.Util.

You've convinced me. :) Having CustomKeys in Config/ is an example of
over-specialization. I'll move it into Util.

Thank you!

--
vvv