[xmonad] darcs patch: XMonad.Config.CustomKeys - new module

Valery V. Vorotyntsev valery.vv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:09:07 EST 2007

On 11/12/07, Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> wrote:
> I don't like that it refers to defaultConfig explicitly. What if I want
> a slight variation on Droundy's config? Maybe that's just theoretical,
> though.

Yes, you're absolutely right!
Fixed.

> > >   Differences from XMonad.Util.EZConfig by Devin Mullins:
> > >     EZConfig   -- M.union/M.difference
> > >     CustomKeys -- Monad.Reader + foldr'ed M.insert/M.delete
> Hrm. Is M.union/M.difference bad, or is yours just a preference for
> points-freedom?

Not a preference, it was O(m+n) vs. O(n*log m) initially. Still the
difference is unnoticeable unless you have _lots_ of key bindings. :)

> I'm also interested in the one true namespace -- his is in XMonad.Config
> and mine is in XMonad.Util.

Config.CustomXXX seems more intuitive... I would look in Config/
directory for such kind of functionality.

Moreover, I wonder, why gather personal configs in code base? Is not
wiki-based Config Archive good enough?

Have fun!

--
vvv