-- Re: [Xmonad] Changes in the dev branch: xmonad can now be configured without recompiling the src!

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Nov 7 14:34:45 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 11:56:30AM -0800, Don Stewart wrote:
> The big merge is done, thanks to David for prototyping, and Spencer for
> kicking the types into shape!  xmonad from darcs now builds as a
> library, as does the extension library.
>
> The (very) good news:

David and Spencer did really a great job. Thank you very very much!

I've been fully playing with the new patches only in the last hour and
I find all this library approach so exciting!

It is just a regret for me not being able to fully participate to this
branch. I'm teaching 3 courses this semester and it seems harder than
I thought.

Moreover the 6.8.1, which requires a new xmobar release, has taken
away all my spare time. Which is bad, since I had to spend a lot of
time to find a way to generate some documentation, and still I have no
clue on how to solve my problems: it is not documented...:(

By the way I hope I'll be able to help in the stabilization process:
I'll start sending documentation fixes and so on.

Once again: a big big thanks!

Andrea