[Xmonad] xmobar 0.8-rc1

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Nov 3 12:52:16 EDT 2007

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 05:16:52PM +0100, Hans Philipp Annen wrote:
> Xrandr-support for resolution changes works without a glitch, however I
> cannot test rotations since my hardware does not support it.

great. When the screen gets bigger does xmobar resize correctly too?

> One suggestion: it may be useful to be able to combine position=Bottom or Top with
> a width smaller than the screen width: One way to do it would be to
> use X geometry-like syntax for the position, that is
> ypos=-1 means Bottom, xpos=-1, Right and so on.
> I think this would be a more elegant solution...

And what about this?

data XPosition = Top Width | Bottom Width | Static {xpos, ypos, width, height :: Int} deriving ( Read, Eq )

data Width = All | Left Int | Right Int | Center Int deriving ( Read, Eq )

so we would have:

position = Top All
for top with maximum width, or

position = Top Left 70
for top, left aligned, 70% of the screen width, or

Bottom Center 50
and so on?

> Anyway, thanks for this great app :)

Thank you for your kind words.