[Xmonad] Failed at compiling XmonadContrib with xmonad 0.2

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Jun 30 06:44:34 EDT 2007

maillaxa:
> Hi,
>
> First, let me congratulate all the xmonad* team for such a cool window manager.
>
> Second, this is my problem. I'd like to use several of the XmonadContrib modules
> but it fails at compiling with this message:
>
> Building xmonad-0.2...
> [ 3 of 14] Compiling XMonadContrib.LayoutHelpers (
> XMonadContrib/LayoutHelpers.hs,
> dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/XMonadContrib/LayoutHelpers.o )
>
> XMonadContrib/LayoutHelpers.hs:25:25:
>     Module `StackSet' does not export `integrate'
>

> I am not a Haskell developper at all (my toy is lisp and only lisp) so I can't
> fix that by myself. Do you have a clue for me ?

Ah , this is a good point you raise.  The contrib repository will only
work with the darcs version of xmonad. You'll need to install the darcs
version of X11-extras and xmonad, to use it.

In future, we'll tag and release stable versoins of the contrib module,
along with each release of xmonad itself.

> Extra bonus question: do you think I can make my own window manager by
> following your principles (QuickCheck and such). I am currently
> collaborating to a Common Lisp project but we did not take time to
> "think" about this and I fear our project is hard to maintain as is.

I think you certainly could :-) We've written a fair bit about how you'd
go about doing this, so dive in. :-)

-- Don