[Xmonad] Announce: xmobar-0.1 released!

Robert Manea rob.manea at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:19:19 EDT 2007

* Andrea Rossato (mailing_list at istitutocolli.org) wrote:
> Moreover, I wrote this stuff, a real status bar, inspired by the Ion3
> one. I sent a mail about it a couple of days ago, as a challenge to
> Robert to rewrite dzen2 in Haskell... No answer, so there I am.

xmobar looks really nice though it seems to leak memory. Initially it
started with 1936 KB resident memory after 1:06:34,30 it takes 5344 KB.
I think you should investigate into this..

Regarding the dzen rewrite, unfortunatelly I'm not that fluent in
haskell for this task. Maybe I'll give it a shot after the exams and
some more haskell practice though :).

Bye, Rob.