[Xmonad] [sebastian.goll@gmx.de: Re: [dwm] Greyish blobs]

Sebastian Goll sebastian.goll at gmx.de
Mon Jun 18 16:59:46 EDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:49:23 -0500
Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu> wrote:

> > This is a little weird. Spencer: was this expected.
>
> The message seems to indicate that the "Hide windows that are not
> supposed to be visible" fixed it, which is a bit strange.  Do the
> grey blobs appear immediately before this patch?

Yes, I checked it and the grey blobs appeared right until that patch was
applied and did not appear any longer after this patch. So that patch is
indeed fixing this concrete problem, whatever it really is. I sent a few
traces to the dwm list when first describing the problem (with dwm); you
could take a look at these [1] and Anselm's recent reply [2], perhaps it
can tell you what the problem really is (I, unfortunately, cannot).

Regards,
Sebastian

[1] http://www.suckless.org/pipermail/dwm/2007-June/002751.html
[2] http://www.suckless.org/pipermail/dwm/2007-June/002834.html