[Xmonad] Re: Compile error: How to find problem in environment?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Jun 18 09:20:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:05:07PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... no
> checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating X11-extras.buildinfo
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: include/X11_extras_config.h.in

I happened to have this error (without the xinerama stuff though), but
was very late in the night and I thought I messed up too much. Decided
was bed time. Next time in just that kind of amnesia you were talking
about, I took the short way: cleaned the directory, checked for new
stuff to pull, autoconf, and built.

I'm sorry but when it comes to those strange autoconf issues I'm just
not able to help. Your Xorg installation shloud be checked though:
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: present but cannot be compiled

doesn't sound good to me...
But these are just my 2c

ciao
andrea