[Xmonad] haddock...ing the source code

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Jun 10 03:06:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

so, I started working on adding full haddock support to the XMonad
source code, but it seems that haddock itself must be patched first,
since it does not deal with "deriving" from parametrized types, such
as the type X:
deriving (Functor, Monad, MonadIO, MonadState XState, MonadReader Xconf))

A small change in the code of the haddock parser solves the problem,
but still haddock does not handle "deriving" very well and I do not
think that using a preprocessor is an option.[1]

Here you can see what I can get with a patched haddock:
http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonad/XMonad.html

What do you think? Shall we forget about it? Is it useful to have
a "patched-haddock" support?

Ciao
andrea

[1] http://haskell.org/haddock/haddock-html-0.8/deriving.html