[Xmonad] the future of xmonad...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Jun 9 15:02:22 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 01:24:22PM -0500, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 19:57:10 +0200
> Yes!  We already comment most of our functions, it should just be a
> matter of adding a | here and there.

Ok. I'll start doing that on a regular basis. Hope to submit patches
as soon as possible.

> We don't plan to add any hs-plugins functionality at this time --
> mainly for simplicity's sake.  Of course, if this is achievable in a
> contrib module, go right ahead!

This is exactly what I was thinking to do, a contrib module. I love
the design especially for this possibility.

> Tabs are another thing that don't belong in the core -- but we'd like to
> make xmonad's layout system powerful enough to implement it as a
> contrib module.  Please let us know when you stumble over limitations
> of the layout system.

The same here. The ability to design layouts is what makes XMonad very
promising in my view.

All the best.