[Xmonad] darcs patch: Cleanup of shift code (and 1 more)

mgsloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:54:27 EDT 2007

Yeah, sorry about that, I tried to ctrl-C, but darcs already sent the two.

Anyway, the main reason for the shift change is that it makes a lot
more sense for a multi-screen user.  Shifting the window back is easy
as hitting the other window key.  Currently, to undo a shift to
another xinerama screen, you have to switch to the screen, shift the
window back, and switch back to the original screen.  The current
behavior with inside-workspace shifts is that the focus follows the
window.  This makes sense, yet it doesn't seem to apply to screen or
workspace shifts.

Maintaining focus on all workspace shifts is a bit of a bigger change
(from the user perspective, the code change is just removal of a
function).

To tell you the truth, I don't think that treating each screen as a
workspace container is really the best metaphor for multiscreen users,
but that's an issue for another day. Probably it doesn't matter too
much.

Thanks,
Michael Sloan