[Xmonad] [DARCS] Failed to compile

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Jul 16 14:55:54 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 06:47:06PM +0000, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I did a darcs pull in Xmonad and XmonadContrib and it failed with these errors:

you are using a Config.hs file that is incompatible with the darcs
version of XMonad.

> [13 of 14] Compiling Config           ( Config.hs,
> dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/Config.o )
>
> Config.hs:99:38:
>     Couldn't match expected type `Layout Window'
>            against inferred type `TConf -> Layout Window'
>     Probable cause: `tabbed' is applied to too few arguments
>     In the second argument of `($)', namely `tabbed shrinkText'
>     In the expression: simpleStacking $ (tabbed shrinkText)

tabbed now takes two arguments: read XMobarConfig/Tabbed.hs for more
information on Usage.

> Config.hs:181:51:
>     Couldn't match expected type `Maybe WorkspaceId'
>            against inferred type `WorkspaceId'
>       Expected type: Maybe WorkspaceId -> X b
>       Inferred type: WorkspaceId -> X ()
>     In the second argument of `(>>=)', namely `f'
>     In the expression: (screenWorkspace sc) >>= f

Something changed within XModar: see the new Config.hs or change
(screenWorkspace sc) >>= f
(screenWorkspace sc) >>= flip whenJust f
at line 181, column 51

You can also start from a clean Config.hs and reinstall the modules
you need. Probably the best option.

Hope this helps.

Andrea