[Xmonad] mod-{w,e,r} don't work when OpenOffice.org has focus

Kai Grossjohann kai.grossjohann at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jul 9 10:19:41 EDT 2007

dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:

> With the darcs version?

Yes, I just pulled again, and my working copy didn't change.

| ketchup% darcs changes --context --last=3
|
| Context:
|
| [Operations.screenWorkspace: return Nothing when the screen does not exist
| Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070707223842]
|
| [Operations.rescreen: screen indexes start at zero
| Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070707223334]
|
| [Note and workaround bugs in Operations.float
| Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>**20070705195213]

Not sure if that is a useful command to show you what I have.  I don't
know anything about distributed VC systems.

> Two possibilities come to mind:
>
>     * its the focus stealing issue fixed in the darcs branch a couple
>     of weeks ago

Not likely, given that (I think) my copy is up to date w.r.t. the public
tree.

>     * openoffice is stealing those key bindings -- use a different mod
>     key

This is the first time I hear that an app can steal key bindings from
the WM.  Normally, the WM should intercept the key bindings first.

Kai