[Xmonad] Re: Emailing: A taste of Haskell.pdf

Andy Gimblett A.M.Gimblett at swansea.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 05:19:08 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 08:30:22AM +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> But surely xnest should tell xmonad how big the window is, so that
> xmonad knows how to behave?  If I resize xnest's window, it should
> tell xmonad, which should adjust.
>
> Still, I'll certainly try the -geometry thing, thanks

I was going to write and say: when I've used xnest I've had to adjust
for a border around the xnest window, and so if I was on a 1600x1200
screen (say), I'd tell xnest to use 1598x1198, with -geometry.

However, looking at my xnest-using scripts, I see I don't do that, and
do in fact say -geometry 1600x1200 - it's rdesktop I "trim" for.
Still, I can report that I did use -geometry with xnest, and maybe
trimming is worth thinking about...  Perhaps I just didn't notice it
under xnest.  :)

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett