[Xmonad] darcs patch: the gaps list should be filled with the default value ...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Jul 5 04:39:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 09:41:03AM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> I have a Xinerama setup.  Only the first monitor has a gap, and only it
> displays the two dzen2 instances.  (I use something very close to the
> suggested setup in XMonadContrib/scripts/run-xmonad.sh.)

This patch is not going to modify the behaviour of XMonad in a
Xinerama setup, but the way layoutScreens sets up a fake xinerama
setup.

If a workspace shows up in the second (fake) screen (without gaps),
when you will apply Operations.rescreen the windows in that workspace
will now have a rectangle that is going to overlap with the gaps in
their original (unmodified) workspace.

This patch takes care of creating fake screens with the same gaps of
the first (real) one.

I do not have a xinerama setup and so I could get something wrong, but
I think this should be the expected behaviour of layoutScreens.

ciao
andrea