[xmonad] gnome-panel not seen as dock?

Jevin Maltais jevin at techie.com
Mon Dec 31 10:50:28 EST 2007

Now we're closer: the config compiles and now we're in gnome with
xmonad as the WM.  I know this because I can roll the mouse over a
window and it will receive the focus (not normal metacity behavior).
Also, the windows have no titlebar.

The issue is when I start say, firefox, it gets put in the top left
corner _over top_ of the gnome-panel.  Also, firefox didn't launch
into fullscreen which is normal xmonad behavior if I run it alone.
alt-j and alt-k don't work so it looks like I'm halfway there?  I
looked at the keyboard shortcuts in gnome and there doesn't seem to be
conflicts.

I'm debating throwing out gnome and just using dzen but I'd rather use gnome.

Sorry about being a nag,
Jevin

Jevin Maltais [jevin at techie.com]
http://jevy.org