.xmonad/ cleanup (was Re: [xmonad] xmonad user survey!)

lithis xmonad at s001.hethrael.com
Mon Dec 24 13:28:05 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007/12/24 01:20:26 -0500, gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
> One thing I'd like improved is tab-completion. As it is,
> to edit my ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs is currently a bit of a
> pain.

That has bothered me, too.

I see you have moved xmonad.hs to config.hs. I think that is
a good change, as it is a more descriptive name for the
file. xmonad.hs doesn’t mean anything.

This was discussed on the list early last month (see issue
85 and Devin Mullins’s “xmonad.hs” to “config.hs” patch).
Some mention of possible conflict with Config.hs on
case-insensitive filesystems (HFS) came up. Also, people
have been modifying Config.hs despite it no longer being the
config file. I propose renaming Config.hs to
DefaultConfig.hs, which is more descriptive and would solve
both problems above.