[xmonad] xmonad user survey!

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Mon Dec 24 04:38:27 EST 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007 01:53:26 aylwarlt at email.uc.edu wrote:
> >     * What things can be done better?
>
> I already mentioned it above, but I think the config could be more user
> friendly.

Yes, I think so too.  We've been considering a new system, it won't be in 0.6
but it might be in 0.7.

> >     * What things are missing?
>
> It would be great to able to arbitrarily resize any window, not just the
> master area. The whole Master area thing seems pretty integral to xmonad,
> though, so I don't really expect this to happen.

Have you tried XMonad.Layout.ResizableTile?  I haven't tried it, but it seems
to do what you'd like.  Please reply with your experiences: several users have
asked for this functionality, and I'd like to know if I can recommend
ResizableTile to them.

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen