[xmonad] Re: xmonad user survey!

Benjamin Andresen bandresen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:44:45 EST 2007

Isaac Dupree <isaacdupree at charter.net> writes:

> Sam Danielson wrote:
>> Thanks to all who contribute. Xmonad is my currently WM of choice.
>>
>>>     * What things annoy you?
>>
>> Start a program on one workspace and have it pop up later on another
>> due to startup delay. This happens in every WM I have used.
>
> hear, hear!  Also I want a way to say, e.g. from command-line, which
> workspace I want a (program's) window(s) to appear in... which maybe
> exists already and I just haven't found it?

wmii handled this and the dudes of fvwm2 fame handled it in a very
hackish way that did it correctly for all spawned apps though. (Not
just this pre-defined stuff that wmii did)

But that certainly annoys me too. It would be more than great if this
could be handled smart. (I wouldn't know how though.)

>>>     * What things do you like?

after I upgraded to xmonad-0.5 today I'm more than happy. I was a bit
reluctant because almost every update caused me to (partly) rewrite my
config, which wasn't the most fun thing I did at the computer.
(Having access to reddit, you see...)

>>>     * What things are missing?

I would second the statusbar stuff... But rob2| is certainly
progressing in a direction that I think is very acceptable for the
xmonad project. :-)

Certainly thanks to you guys for this project.

br,
benny