[xmonad] xmonad user survey!

Sam Danielson samdanielson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:23:03 EST 2007

Thanks to all who contribute. Xmonad is my currently WM of choice.

>     * What things annoy you?

Start a program on one workspace and have it pop up later on another
due to startup delay. This happens in every WM I have used.

>     * What things do you like?

Community, organized plugin package, layout plugins, Xinerama, small
code size. Floating handling is good. It is my favorite WM at the
moment.

>     * What things are missing?

Optional mouse warts on tabbed layout and floating windows to avoid
reaching for keyboard to close windows. Programs like gimp and web
browsing could benefit from this.

>     * What things do you miss from ion/wmii/dwm/compiz

compiz - negative plugin to invert colors

>     * What things do you not miss from ion/wmii/dwm/compiz ... :)

Complexity of the layout / movement of focus. I prefer swapping layout
algorithms to tweaking a layout.

-Sam