[xmonad] Issue 96 in xmonad: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:44:16 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:54:05AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:53:48PM -0700, Jason Creighton wrote:
> > Seriously, it's probably not worth it: Even you if you find what looks
> > like a problem, you'll have to do a lot of research and testing to
> > figure out if that's actually the case, then you have to convince the
> > Gnucash devs to accept a patch, blah blah blah work work work.
>
> I have commit access. It's a part of gnucash I've never touched, so I'd
> go through the process of getting someone with more experience to
> review it, but that's not really a big deal. It does affect other WM's
> as well...

Oh! I didn't know you were involved with gnucash at all. My warnings
were based on me thinking that you were some random outsider (like
myself) to that project. Your interest in this issue makes much more
sense to me now.

So you must be andrewsw on #gnucash on irc.gnome.org, then?

> > We've done everything we can on the xmonad end, and it works fine. (For
> > me, anyway. Unless you're seeing some additional problems?) I'm not
> > going to lose any sleep over it.
>
> thanks for that. I'm not seeing additional problems, but I'm also
> waiting (check apt-cache) on debian packages with the fix. And no lost
> sleep here... ;)

Hmm. IIRC, that the fix was commited after 0.5 was tagged, so you might
have a while to wait.

Jason Creighton