[xmonad] xemacs and xmonad

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:36:46 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 2:22 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you looked into using the various command-line options to either
> GNU Emacs or XEmacs to set it to a known value? ie if you always run
> XEmacs with the '-t XEmacs' option (or whatever it actually is), you
> now can use ManageHook maybe.

Good idea! After 'man xemacs' I found a command line option '-title'
with which you can set the className.

$ xemacs -title foo &
$ xprop | grep WM_NAME
(click on xemacs window)
WM_NAME(STRING) = "foo"

Now rest the question, how do I use the manageHook to actually let
xmonad respect the hints of xemacs.

BTW I've found an extension from David Roundy named
XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints that also seens to work reasonably. However
it still doesn't work when using my: NB.noBorders (T.tabbed
T.shrinkText T.defaultTConf { T.tabSize = 15 }) layout :-(

regards,

Bas