[xmonad] Issue 97 in xmonad: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Dec 9 06:30:04 EST 2007

Issue 97: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

Comment #2 by thomas.adam22:
I don't think this problem is xscreensaver specific, and I would argue
is a red-herring.  I too find for no apparent reason that after
sometime, Firefox no longer responds to keyboard focus unless it is
either moved to the floating layer and retiled or a new window is
opened.

This will be an issue with Firefox though, and not of XMonad itself.
How best to fix it (whether XMonad can send a synthetic event to
Firefox or not) is still something I am pondering.