[xmonad] Issue 96 in xmonad: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Dec 9 05:11:27 EST 2007

Issue 96: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

Comment #2 by thomas.adam22:
I bet I know what this bug is (I'm assuming transient windows here):

The window is being mapped and unmapped.  If you were to use something
like xscope then you might see that:

a) Application sends a mapRequest.
a1) Before xmonad has a chance to do that, the application asks to be
put in the WithDrawn state (via a synthetic UnmapNotify event).
b) The window is mapped.
c) GNUCash sends a MapRequest.
d) Another UnmapNotify request is sent and the window is UnMapped.
e) The MapRequest from (c) is handled and a real UnMapNotify request
is issued causing the window it close, never being mapped again.

I'm guessing this is what's happening, but I don't run GnuCash.