[xmonad] Issue 96 in xmonad: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 05:07:34 EST 2007

Hi --

On 09/12/2007, codesite-noreply at google.com <codesite-noreply at google.com> wrote:
> Issue 96: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=96
>
> Comment #1 by jcreigh:
> This is definitely an xmonad bug, as the problem does not occur if
> Gnucash windows
> are ignored (with, eg, className =? "Gnucash" --> doIgnore)

I bet I know what this bug is (I;m assuming transient windows here):

The window is being mapped and unmapped.  If you were to use something
like xscope then you might see that:

a) Application sends a mapRequest.
a1) Before xmonad has a chance to do that, the application asks to be
put in the WithDrawn state (via a synthetic UnmapNotify event).
b) The window is mapped.
c) GNUCash sends a MapRequest.
d) Another UnmapNotify request is sent and the window is UnMapped.
e) The MapRequest from (c) is handled and a real UnMapNotify request
is issued causing the window it close, never being mapped again.

I'm guessing this is what's happening, but I don't run GnuCash.

-- Thomas Adam