[Xmonad] Switching away from and back to a tabbed workspace

Dave Harrison dave at nullcube.com
Thu Aug 30 20:12:45 EDT 2007

Dave Harrison wrote:
> Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this or not, but what I'm seeing
> when I have a tabbed workspace, is that if I have >1 tab in the
> workspace and I switch to another workspace that requires my current
> workspace be hidden (so not resulting in a swap of two visual
> workspaces), and then switch back to it, the visual presentation of
> the tabs is some strange munge of the tab I had selected, and the tab
> that had been viewing before I chose the currently selected one.
>
> This behaviour doesn't seem to show up in the other default layouts
> that I use such as tiled or full.

Hey all,

At the moment, I haven't been able to resolve the above issue, but I
have managed to capture some screenshots of the bug in action.  The
screenshots can be seen at these URLs:

These two are the tabs as they look when viewed (correct):

  http://www.nullcube.com/xmonad/XmonadTabbed_Tab1.png
  http://www.nullcube.com/xmonad/XmonadTabbed_Tab2.png

This is what happens after I switch away, and then back (buggy) :

  http://www.nullcube.com/xmonad/XmonadTabbed_Munged.png

Help ?

Cheers
Dave