[Xmonad] a ghci prompt for xmonad

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Aug 30 10:26:54 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 03:24:39PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> So, here's the prompt. It's just the a proof of concept, right now. It
> uses the completions window to display the result and the ghc-api is
> linked from XMonad itself, which makes the xmonad binary a huge file.
> A lot of memory consumption is the obvious consequence.

as I said, it's just a proof of concept. There is no error handling
and no way to interrupt an infinite loop. Do not use in your working
XMonad session.

Moreover, sending the result of an evaluation back as a completion
made me discover a bug in XPrompt, for which I've sent a patch: if in
the completions list there is a string that is longer than the screen
a division by zero will occur, crashing xmonad.

Andrea