[Xmonad] darcs patch: switch WorkspaceId to String.

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Aug 20 08:01:22 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 04:44:47AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> I don't know what folks will think of this, but I'd rather have WorkspaceId
> be a String.  Then we don't need to worry about associating Strings with
> workspaces, and everything's pretty.

I'll have to rewrite for the 3rd time my function to have mod-, and
mod-. the ion way, but that's ok...;-)

>  --
>  workspaces :: [WorkspaceId]
> -workspaces = [0..8]
> +workspaces = map (:"") ['1'..'9']

I find this a bit scary for someone new to Haskell, considered it is
in the Config file. Anyway I'd suggest (:[]), still very scary, but
probably more helpful to my ideal newcomer who's getting started with
Haskell.

Just my side note.

Andrea