[Xmonad] Some windows appear on the wrong head

mgsloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:26:22 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> gabriel.kerneis:
> > Le Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:47:20 +0200, Kai Grossjohann <kai at emptydomain.de>
> > a écrit :
> > > Say my focus is on the second head.  I start Eclipse.  It shows a
> > > splash window on the current head (the second one).  Then it pops up a
> > > workspace chooser window, but that window appears on the first head!
> > > (Even though focus is still on the second head, on the Eclipse splash
> > > window, in fact.)
> >
> > I don't know for Eclipse, but Inkscape (e.g.) stores the latest head
> > used (in fact, it even saves it in project files) by default, and you
> > can switch this off in the option menu. Maybe is it the same for
> > Eclipse ?
>
> Huh, yes, someone else mentioned silly behaviour like this.
> Thanks for the info.
>
> -- Don

I dunno if it's that silly - it just stores the window geometry, not
the head specifically.  This way if you load up a set of related
documents, the windows will be in the same place they were.  At least,
within normal window managers.  I know some of the main inkscape devs
quite well, so if you think this should be addressed in some way..
Anyway, there's an option to switch it off.  That should be enough.

-mgsloan