[Xmonad] Some windows appear on the wrong head

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Wed Aug 1 04:59:21 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:02:37AM +0200, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:

> Le Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:47:20 +0200, Kai Grossjohann <kai at emptydomain.de>
> a écrit :
> > Say my focus is on the second head.  I start Eclipse.  It shows a
> > splash window on the current head (the second one).  Then it pops up a
> > workspace chooser window, but that window appears on the first head!
> > (Even though focus is still on the second head, on the Eclipse splash
> > window, in fact.)
>
> I don't know for Eclipse, but Inkscape (e.g.) stores the latest head
> used (in fact, it even saves it in project files) by default, and you
> can switch this off in the option menu. Maybe is it the same for
> Eclipse ?

I don't think that is the case here, as only the workspace chooser (and
also some other popups such as the one that allows me to enter a class
name to edit) appear on the "wrong" head.  The main window appears on
the currently focused head.

That is, if I choose a workspace in the workspace chooser, then switch
to another head, then the main window appears on the head I switched to.

Kai