[Xmonad] Switching focus without pulling hidden windows into the foreground

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Wed Aug 1 06:10:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I often have this scenario:

  - one editor window
  - one shell window

>From the shell window I open a file in a third window, check some things
and make notes in the editor. To have no space occupied by the shell I
use the TwoPane layout then. (The editor as master, the file viewer as
the only visible slave.)

The problem with it is that if I switch from editor to the viewer or
vice versa the non-master window gets replaced by the shell window
first, so that I need to focusDown several times.

Is it possible to switch focus only between visible windows without
pulling hidden ones into the foreground?

Bye,
Tassilo