[Xmonad] Ideas on configuring workspaces?

Dale Jordan dalej at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 27 20:07:41 EDT 2007

Firstly, thanks for the tips on getting XM working on FreeBSD.  I got it
working after upgrading to FreeBSD 6.2 (required to build GHC 6.6) and
getting Cabal from darcs.  Finally a window manager a non-X-guru can
(mostly) understand.

I have been looking at having XM configure my workspaces, rather than
doing it manually after prelaunching apps in .xinitrc or launching them
from the keyboard.  However, I don't have a clue how to correlate the
app's windowID, when they decide to map themselves, with any data
structures I might build in Config.hs.  Does anyone have any clues about
what info is available through X that might help?

Dale Jordan