[Xmonad] how to install?

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 20:04:46 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 06:13:30PM -0500, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:36:56 -0700
> David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
> > Also, the configure step in X11-extras doesn't seem to bother checking
> > whether the xinerama library is present.  Is this a bug in
> > X11-extras, or in cabal? I certainly would hope that cabal would have
> > the functionality to check for presence of libraries...
>
> X11-extras currently assumes that xinerama is present.  We should
> change this, probably by the 0.1 release of xmonad/X11-extras.
>
> Any takers? ;)

I poked around the cabal docs for a bit, and I didn't see any obvious
way to get cabal to check for the presence of certain headers. Also, if
the headers weren't there, we couldn't really do anything anyway, other
than fail with a friendlier error.

I wonder if the Xinerama module should be a separate package anyway.
What do you guys think about that?

Jason Creighton