[Xmonad] Dynamically reloading Config

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:09:26 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Alec Berryman <alec at thened.net> wrote:
> It sounds like /home/bas/bin is not in your $PATH.  The restart key
> calls 'xmonad', not the same file that was originally executed.
>
> The default shell on my system is not bash, so .xsession doesn't pick up
> my local paths (sourced out of ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc).  I have
> something like this at the end of my ~/.xsession:
>
> exec bash -l -c 'xmonad'

Yes, I think that's the problem. However If I put:

  exec bash -l -c 'xmonad'

in my .xsession then after login I immediately jump back to xdm.
Presumably because xmonad can't be found. If I put:

   exec bash -l -c '/home/bas/bin/xmonad'

then xmonad will start up but the mod-ctrl-shift-q will still bring me
back to xdm.

Note that I have the following in .bashrc:

export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

Bas van Dijk