[Haskell wikibook] links to Examples in section 2

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:48:41 EST 2007

On 26/02/07, apfelmus at quantentunnel.de <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> wrote:
> Ah, like the following <a name="Building_lists"
> id="Building_lists"></a>? Missing the href attribute, these are not
> links in the original sense, they act as link targets. In the graphical
> interface, a click on a related link <a href="#Building_lists">link
> text</a> will center the document text around the link target
> "Building_lists". Note the # character. Thus, link targets allow to jump
> to particular positions on a single page. Of course, links usually jump
> between different pages.

Just so you know, the standard way of doing this now is to attach an
id="target" attribute to any element you like. That makes it easier
to, say, give a target to a section header:

Old: <h2><a name="foo">Foo</a></h2>
New: <h2 id="foo">Foo</h2>

(Of course, MediaWiki does this automatically for every header
anyway.) I can't remember browser compatability off the top of my
head, though.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com