[Haskell wikibook] new member

apfelmus at quantentunnel.de apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sun Feb 25 05:15:49 EST 2007

P. R. Stanley wrote:
>>> Paul: Does everyone on this list co-write the wikibook?
>> apfelmus: Pretty much yes.

> That's great. How would I get involved? I'm a beginner to Haskell.
> I see my role as someone who is less likely to take anything
> for granted in regard to covering the basic principles.

That would be great, because it's always difficult for an author to
write an explanation when he knows the subject too well. Unfortunately,
it's equally difficult if he doesn't know the subject so well :) Don't
hesitate to pinpoint poor explanations and such.

> By the way, I am not in any way suggesting that the wikibook
> is patchy. I have no doubt that you guys do a sterling job.

Oh, it is patchy :) This is the very nature of a wikibook. But the
"beginner's track" has good coverage.

Regards,
Paul