[web-devel] fast-logger

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Mon Aug 6 09:55:31 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to ask someone to test fast-logger on Windows before I
will release new version:

	https://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/logger

In the hackathon in the ICFP week last year, I implemented the
unix-time package which makes use of C libraries. Today, I compared
three packages: http-date, unix-time, and time:

	https://gist.github.com/3272030

The result is as follows:

    http-date:    359ns
    unix-time:  2,071ns
    time:      43,636ns

http-date can produce RFC 2616 date style (GMT) only. unix-time can
produce zoned date.

fast-logger used the time library to format zoned date. Since
unix-time is much faster than time, I modified fast-logger to use
unix-time on Unix. On Windows, it still uses the time library.

I have tested the new fast-logger on Unix. If someone will kindly test
it on Windows, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--Kazu