[web-devel] Failed to compile authenticate

Haisheng Wu freizl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 04:44:31 CEST 2011

Hello,
  Sorry if I supposed to post question to Google group which is not
available at my current region unfortunately.
  My question comes I failed to compile package authenticate-0.9.1.7 with
error below.
  Do you have any ideas about fixing it?
  Please let me if you need further environment information.
Thanks!

simonwu at ubuntu:~/haskell/authenticate$ cabal build
Preprocessing library authenticate-0.9.1.7...
Building authenticate-0.9.1.7...
[ 8 of 10] Compiling OpenId2.Discovery ( OpenId2/Discovery.hs,
dist/build/OpenId2/Discovery.o )
OpenId2/Discovery.hs:137:18:
    No instance for (Text.StringLike.StringLike Text)
      arising from a use of `parseTags' at OpenId2/Discovery.hs:137:18-26
    Possible fix:
      add an instance declaration for (Text.StringLike.StringLike Text)
    In the second argument of `(.)', namely `parseTags'
    In the second argument of `(.)', namely
        `mapMaybe linkTag . parseTags'
    In the second argument of `(.)', namely
        `filter isOpenId . mapMaybe linkTag . parseTags'
simonwu at ubuntu:~/haskell/authenticate$ ghci --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.3

-Haisheng