[web-devel] Announce: heroku package

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Wed Jul 20 04:55:47 CEST 2011

I uploaded a package designed to contain code useful for deploying to Heroku
that I am using to deploy an app to Heroku that uses their free database
[1]. All the package does now is parse the DATABASE_URL environment variable
to help with connecting to the database. I will be doing a blog post on the
Yesod blog shortly about deploying Yesod to Heroku, although everything is
fairly well documented already [2].
Previously a loli app was deployed to Heroku by Mark Wotton (in addition to
a Yesod app), and dbpatterson had (I am assuming unresolved) issues with
deploying a Snap app.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/heroku-0.1
[2]
https://github.com/snoyberg/yesod/blob/master/scaffold/deploy/Procfile.cg