[web-devel] [Yesod] psuedo-announcement: yesod-goodies

Patrick Brisbin pbrisbin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 06:17:25 CEST 2011

Hey all,

Just wanted to post a quick note here about a package I've started with
various little utilities that I find generally useful enough to be used
across different yesod sites.

The best explanation is probably by way of example, so here's what it
provides so far:

  Y.G.Gravatar : fetch a gravatar image for an email address
  Y.G.Links    : concise internal/external link-widgets
  Y.G.Markdown : a slightly altered version of yesod-markdown
  Y.G.Paginate : paginate a large list of items
  Y.G.Search   : a type class engine behind search pages
  Y.G.Shorten  : a type class to shorten a variety of...
  Y.G.Time     : prints UTCTime as "one hour ago", etc

That last one was taken from haskellers.com (hope you don't mind
Michael).

The package has been on hackage[1] for a bit and the source is on
github[2]. Feel free to contribute if you've got your own goodies.

Thanks,
Pat

1: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/yesod-goodies
2: https://github.com/pbrisbin/yesod-goodies